Evan and David review Tomie, the manga that started Junji Ito’s career as one of the most famous horror artists in the world. We confront the original girlboss and become gaslit into believing that Tomie is a nice girl who is simply misunderstood. Topics include: the Evan Minto Disclaimer Corner, the internal logic of Tomie’s funky ruleset, and Junji Ito’s day job before comics.
- Opening/Ending Song: “Blues Machine” by Scott Gratton
- Episode edited by Evan Minto.
- The Review: Tomie
- Name drops: Junji Ito’s other manga titles (Uzumaki, Gyo), Akira Toriyama’s Manga Theater, Rumiko Takahashi’s Mermaid Saga, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the Netflix Death Note adaptation
- Twitter: Evan, David, Ani-Gamers
- Evan writes for Anime News Network
- Subscribe to Evan’s digital manga service Azuki.