It‘s another Golden Ticket episode! On request from patron Nice (that’s their name), Evan and David review the 2003 hard sci-fi anime series Planetes, about space debris haulers. But because Evan is Evan, he also read the manga, so this discussion includes both the anime and Makoto Yukimura’s original manga series. How does this beloved series hold up nearly 20 years later? Topics include: space ninjas, frozen poop, and GO TO THERAPY HACHI.
- Opening/Ending Song: “Blues Machine” by Scott Gratton
- Episode edited by Evan Minto.
- The Review: Planetes
- Namedrops: Makoto Yukimura, Vinland Saga, Sunrise, Goro Taniguchi, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop.
- Twitter: Evan, David, Kyle, Ani-Gamers
- Kyle is a Managing Editor at Crunchyroll News.
- Evan writes for Anime News Network. Read his reporting on anime dub unionization efforts!
- David writes for Otaku USA Magazine.
- David is streaming video games every Saturday night on Twitch.
- Subscribe to Evan’s digital manga service Azuki and check out their new exclusive series, Hikaru in the Light!