David makes his triumphant return to the podcast, joining Evan and Patrick in a review of the completely bonkers 2018 martial arts anime Baki. We cover the whole show in-depth with quite a few minor spoilers mixed in. Learn about which karate techniques can counter monofilament wire, the advantages of building up your finger strength, and much more. Topics include: never-before-seen muscles, best boy Biscuit Oliva, and sex that gives you superpowers.
Thank you to Patrick Sutton for editing this episode.
- Opening/Ending Song: “Blues Machine” by Scott Gratton
- Episode Edited by: Patrick Sutton
- The Review: Baki
- Name drops: Baki the Grappler (original manga), Keisuke Itagaki, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Paru Itagaki, Beastars
- Twitter: Evan, David, Pat, Ani-Gamers
- Mastodon: Evan
- Pat co-hosts The Cockpit Podcast, which has a new episode about Gundam Thunderbolt out now!
- Evan and David write for Otaku USA Magazine.
- Evan writes for Anime News Network.
- David hosts video game streams on Twitch every Saturday night.
- Evan sometimes updates his side blog Anime Burger Time.