Jersey Boy Evan and New Yorker David bring in guest Rickie Sherman to talk Neo Yokio, the inscrutable vanity anime co-production from Vampire Weekend lead singer Ezra Koenig. But first, a recap of Evan’s weekend with Studio Trigger at Genericon 2018 and some Boogiepop news. Topics include: Kim and Kanye’s favorite anime, the pineapple on pizza of anime, and a shockingly sincere discussion of race and class in America. Production note: Rickie’s mic was having some issues, so apologies for the crappy quality. I tried my best to clean it up in post!
- Opening/Ending Song: "Blues Machine" by Scott Gratton
- Evan went to Genericon 2018.
- He tweeted a bunch of cool stuff live from the Trigger panel.
- @AlphaJarmel on Twitter posted a thread with shots and a summary of Masumoto’s production process lecture.
- Twitter: Evan, David, Ani-Gamers, Rickie
- Mastodon (new decentralized social network): Evan, David
- Check out our interview with staff from Yuri!!! on Ice.
- Rickie has his music up on SoundCloud.
- Evan writes for Otaku USA Magazine and his side blog Anime Burger Time. He also has a new article about Studio Trigger up on Anime News Network!
- David is streaming every weekend on his new Twitch channel.