Evan and David are back for the new year to talk about their favorite anime from Fall 2017, their most anticipated anime from Winter 2018 (although they forgot a couple big ones!), and Kim-Jong Un’s favorite manga. Plus an important Kyoto Animation confession. Topics include: Kino’s Journey is Windwaker, the prequel to Boss Baby, and raw milk idols.
- Opening/Ending Song: "Blues Machine" by Scott Gratton
- Kim-Jong Un liked manga when he was younger.
- Fall 2017 anime: Land of the Lustrous, Zodiac War, Kino’s Journey: The Beautiful World
- Bonus: Some Made in Abyss talk
- Winter 2017 anime: A Place Further than the Universe, Pop Team Epic (actually it’s on almost everything now: Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, and FUNimation), Darling in the Franxx, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Violet Evergarden (check out Evan’s writeup of the first episode)
- We forgot to mention Devilman Crybaby and gdgd Men’s Party, we humbly beg your forgiveness, dear listeners.
- David namedrops “Meguka” and Evan still has no idea what that is.
- Evan throws in an embarrassingly specific reference to this Flat Earth YouTube video.
- Evan wrote a review of Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie for Ani-Gamers!
- Twitter: Evan, David, Ani-Gamers
- Mastodon (new decentralized social network): Evan, David
- Evan writes for Otaku USA Magazine and his side blog Anime Burger Time.
- David’s got a new article about YU-NO on his blog.