If it seems like I talk about Oakland, CA's Kraken Con way more often than most annual cons, it's because it's actually a twice-a-year event! After agreeing to an insane schedule of SEVEN panels (five of my own and two with Crunchyroll) at last fall's event, I decided to tone it down to just two new solo panels for Spring Kraken Con 2015 (April 25th and 26th at the Oakland Convention Center). Of course, this immediately grew thanks to some new Crunchyroll panels, bringing my grand total to... five. I do this to myself, don't I?
Anyway, the full list is below. Come by and check them out!
- Crunchyroll Presents: Working in the Anime Industry — Saturday, 11am–12pm — ROOM 208
- A fun, informal panel where CR employees discuss our experience working in the anime/manga industry. Complete with war stories and not-so-subtle venting about projects gone wrong!
- Crunchyroll Industry Panel - Saturday, 1–2pm — MAIN EVENTS
- Basic industry panel stuff. Title announcements, Q&A, etc. I'll probably make fun of our Convention Manager Miles a lot.
- Beyond Miyazaki: The Directors of Studio Ghibli - Saturday, 3–4pm — ROOM 208
- Overview of the directors at Studio Ghibli NOT named "Hayao Miyazaki," since you all know him already. Based on my feature article in the latest Otaku USA special issue.
- A Video History of Anime - Saturday, 6pm–7:30pm — ROOM 210/211
- A mad experiment to see if I can cram the entire history of anime from the early 20th century to 2015 into an hour-and-a-half clipshow. This panel just might fall apart at the seams, but that's part of the fun!
- Crunchyroll Presents: Spring Quarter Anime - Sunday, 1–2pm — ROOM 208
- A basic overview of this season's shows. Miles knows them all way better than me, but I'll talk about the ones I've had time to watch.
And check out the rest of the panels and events on Kraken Con's online schedule. I'll be there most of the weekend, so if you see me, don't hesitate to flag me down and say hi.