Ani-Gamers covers a wide variety of geek topics, and we're always looking for more writers to help expand our coverage and provide new perspectives. We're on the lookout for solid writers with a passion for anime, manga, and/or video games and a strong, clear critical voice. Additionally, we're seeking contributors interested in multimedia presentations, including podcasts, video, images, and anything else you want to try. If that describes you, we'd love for you to be a part of the Ani-Gamers team.
Contributing to Ani-Gamers is on a volunteer basis, but many of our writers get review copies of anime, manga, and games, press passes to conventions and trade shows, and chances to meet and interview awesome creators. Plus, since you are a volunteer, you can post on your own schedule.
While we are looking for contributors in any area (and we welcome any and all new coverage ideas), these are the particular spots that we are looking to fill:
- News Writers
- Manga Reviewers
- Contributors who are fans of shōjo, yaoi, yuri, or moé anime/manga
- Contributors who are fans of Japanese RPGs
- Female contributors (we have an all-male staff at the moment and we're looking for new perspectives)
- Multimedia Producers (podcast, video, image, etc.)
When you apply, please send us these four things:
- Your name, email address, and the position(s) you are applying for
- A brief description of yourself. Include details on your fandom, previous experience, or anything else you think is relevant (a résumé is not required, but it helps)
- A rough estimate of how much time you can spend a week on Ani-Gamers work.
- One to three samples of the type of work you are applying for. Show us your best work!
If you don't have much time to write for us, but you'd still like to contribute, we also accept guest articles. The best way to go about getting a guest article published is to simply contact us and pitch the article. A pitch consists of a detailed description of your topic and approach, as well as one to three writing samples. If the pitch is approved, you can begin writing, submit it to one of our editors, and eventually see it published on the site! You may also send unsolicited articles, but we cannot guarantee that they will be published.
Email: evanm [AT] anigamers [DAWT] com